South African fast food/QSR industry
South African fast food/QSR industry
Dublin, Oct. 12, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — The “South African Fast Food/QSR Industry Landscape Report 2022” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The South African Fast Food/QSR Industry Landscape Report 2022 provides a dynamic synthesis of industry research, examining the local and global fast food/QSR industry (including the impact of COVID-19) from a unique holistic perspective, with detailed insights across the entire value chain – market size, industry trends, innovation and technology, industry drivers and challenges, Fast Food/QSR retail and competitor analysis, latest marketing and advertising news, pricing and promotion analysis.
Both globally and locally, the plant-based food trend continues to gain momentum across categories, especially as consumers become more health-, environmentally- and sustainability-conscious about the food they eat.
This trend is gaining significant traction in the fast food industry, reflected in the wide variety of new and innovative plant-based offerings being introduced by global and local fast food/QSR market players to meet the whimsical demands of millennial consumers, in particular.
In 2021, the South African fast food industry showed resilience following the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic, reflected by a monumental increase of 27.5% between 2020 and 2021.
This significant recovery (from the massive decline in 2020, due to COVID-19) is expected to continue, with an expected CAGR of 8.6%, between 2022 and 2026, driven by a number of factors, including the popularity and introduction of plant-based Fast Food menu items, catering to the growing demand for this type of product among local consumers.
Key questions this report answers
For the Global Fast Food Industry section
What are current market dynamics of Global Fast Food Industry?
Which are the key markets in the global fast food industry?
What are the latest global fast food industry trends, innovation and technology, drivers and challenges?
For the South African Fast Food Industry Section
What are the current market dynamics (market size and market value): 2016-2021 actuals, 2022-2026 forecasts (including the impact of COVID-19)?
What are the South African fast food industry trends, innovation and technology, drivers and challenges?
What are the latest South African fast food trends in terms of food festivals, food markets, food trucks and online ingredient delivery services?
For the South African Fast Food Retailer Section and Competitor Analysis
Who are the key players in the South African fast food industry by category: Burgers, Chicken, Pizza, Pies & Other?
For each major fast food competitor, what is the latest company news in terms of products, services and new launches?
What is the latest marketing and advertising news (including social media) for each of the fast food competitors?
For the South African fast food price analysis section
What are the prices and recent promotions for popular fast food brands by category: burgers, chicken, pizza, pies and other?
Market research and intelligence managers
Professional business development
Product marketers and strategists
South African industry drivers and challenges
1. GLOBAL FAST FOOD INDUSTRY1.1 Global Industry Overview: VALUE OF THE GLOBAL FAST FOOD MARKET: 2022* & 2030** (IN BILLION USD) (graph)1.2 Global Industry Overview: Fast Food Type and Food Trends: WORLD’S MOST POPULAR CUISINES, BASED ON INSTAGRAM DATA: 2022 (NUMBER OF TAGS IN MILLION)1.3 Global Market Environment: BRAND VALUE OF THE 10 MOST VALUABLE FAST FOOD BRANDS WORLDWIDE : 2021 VS 2022 (IN USD BILLION) 1.4 Global Key Markets: Regional Overview: WORLD OF THE GLOBAL DISPOSABLE FOOD MARKET, BY REGION: 2022* (IN USD 1.5 BILLION Global Industry Trends)1.5 .6 Global Industry Innovation and Technology1 .7 Global industry drivers1.8 Global industry challenges
2. SOUTH AFRICAN FAST FOOD INDUSTRY2.1 South African Industry Overview2.2 South African Industrial Market: South African Limited Service Restaurants Market Definitions2.3 South African Industrial Market: South African Limited Service Restaurant Type Definitions2.4 South African Industrial Market Size: Limited Service Market (2016-2021)2.5 South African Industrial Market Size: Limited Service Restaurant Market (2016-2021 by Restaurant Type)2.6 South Africa Industry Market Size: Limited Service Restaurant Market Value (Forecast: 2022-2026 )2.7 South Africa Industry Market Size: 2016-2021: By Food Type (Eat-In vs Delivery & To Go): THE VALUE OF SA LIMITED-SERVICE RESTAURANTS: EAT-IN VS DELIVERY & TO-GO FOR 2016-2021 (IN ZAR MILLIONS); SA LIMITED SERVICE RESTAURANT REVENUE SHARE – EAT-IN VS DELIVERY & TO-GO: 2016 VS 2021 (Graph and Table)2.8 South African Industry Market Size: 2016-2021: By Food Service Type (Online vs Offline Ordering): VALUE OF SA MARKET FOR LIMITED SERVICE RESTAURANTS: ONLINE VS OFFLINE FOR 2016-2016 (2016- 2016) IN ZAR MILLIONS); SA LIMITED SERVICE RESTAURANT REVENUE SHARE – ONLINE VS OFFLINE: 2016 VS 2021 (Graph and Table)2.9 South African Industry Trends2.10 South African Industry Innovation and Technology2.11 South African Industry Drivers2.12 South African Food Industry South Africa Challenges2. Festivals2.14 South African Food Markets2.15 South African Food Trucks2.16 South African Online Ingredient Delivery Services
3. SOUTH AFRICAN FAST FOOD DETAIL ANALYSIS3.1 Eclectic Brands: Overview3.2 Emerging Capital Partners (Burger King): Overview3.3 Grand Parade Investments (Burger King): Financial Performance3.4 Famous Brands Limited: Overview3.5 Famous Brands Limited: 2021 Performance and Outlook3.6 Famous Brands Limited: Financial Performance3.7 Fiamme Holdings: Overview3.8 MSA Holdings Limited: Overview3.9 Spur Corporation: Overview3.10 Spur Corporation: 2021 Performance and Outlook3.11 Spur Corporation: Financial performance3.12 Franchise Co.: Overview3.13 YUM! Brands: Overview
4. COMPETITOR ANALYSIS OF THE SOUTH AFRICAN FAST FOOD INDUSTRY 4.1 The Store Footprint of South African Fast Food Franchises 4.1.1 Footprint of South African Fast Food Franchises 4.1.2 Fast Food Outlets: Service Definitions 4.2 Analysis of South African Fast Food Competitors: Burgers 4.2.1 Social Media Followers: Fast Food Competitor Analysis : Burgers4.2.2 Burger King: Overview4.2.3 Burger King: Marketing and Advertising News4.2.4 Burger Perfect: Overview4.2.5 McDonald’s: Overview 4.2.6 McDonald’s: Marketing and Advertising News4.2.7 RocoMamas: Overview 4.2. 8 RocoMamas: Marketing and Advertising News4.2.9 Steers: Overview 4.2.10 Steers: Marketing and Advertising News4.2.11 Wimpy: Overview4.2.12 Wimpy: Marketing and Advertising News4.3. South African Fast Food Competitor Analysis: Chicken4.3.1 Social Media Followers: Fast Food Competitor Analysis: Chicken4.3.2 Afro’s Chicken Shop: Overview4.3.3 Barcelos: Overview4.3.4 Chicken Licken: Overview4.3.5 Chicken Licken: Marketing and Advertising News4.3.6 Chicken Xpress: Overview4.3.7 Galitos : Overview4.3.8 Hungry Lion: Overview4.3.9 Hungry Lion: Marketing and Advertising News4.3.10 KFC: Overview4.3.11 KFC: Marketing and Advertising News4.3.12 Mochachos: Overview4.3.13 Nando’s: Overview: Nando’s: Nando’s: Nando’s Marketing and Advertising News4. 3.15 Popeyes Louisiana Cuisine: Overview4.3.16 Zebros: Overview4.4 South African Fast Food Competitor Analysis: Pies4.4.1 Social Media Followers: Fast Food Competitor Analysis: Pies4.4.2 King Pie: Overview4.4.3 King Pie: Marketing and Advertising News4.4.4 Pie City: Overview4.5 South African Fast Food Competitor Analysis: Pizza4.5.1 Social Media Followers: Fast Food Competitor Analysis: Pizza4.5.2 Andiccio24: O overview4.5.3 Debonairs Pizza: Over view4.5.4 Debonairs Pizza: Marketing and Advertising News4.5.5 Panarottis Pizza Pasta: Overview4.5.6 Panarottis Pizza Pasta: Marketing and Advertising News4.5.7 Pizza Hut: Overview t4.5.8 Pizza Hut: Marketing and Advertising News4.5.9 Pizza Perfec: Overview4.5.10 Pizza Perfe ct: Marketing and Advertising News4.5.11 Roman’s Pizza: Overview4.5.12 Roman’s Pizza: Marketing and Advertising News4.6 South African Fast Food Competitor Analysis: Other4.6.1 Followers on Social Media: Fast Food Competitor Analysis: Other4.6.2 Anat: Overview4.6.3 Anat: Marketing & Advertising News4.6.4 Chesanyama: Overview4.6.5 Fishaways: Overview4.6.6 Fishaways: Marketing & Advertising News4.6.7 Hot Dog Parlor: Overview4.6.8 Spur Steak Ranches: Overview4. 6.9 Spur Steak Ranches: Marketing and Advertising News4.6. Fish & Chip Co.: Overview
5. SOUTH AFRICAN FAST FOOD PRICE ANALYSIS5.1 South African Fast Food Price Analysis: Burgers5.1.1 Fast Food Price Analysis: Burgers: Burger King, Burger Perfect, McDonald’s, RocoMamas, Steers, Wimpy – Comparative prices of classic beef burger, cheese burger, specialty burger, chicken burger, beef combo, cheese combo and specialty combo5.1.2 Fast Food Price Analysis: Recent Burger Promotions5.2 South African Fast Food Price Analysis: Chicken5.2.1 Fast Food Price Analysis: Chicken: Afro’s Chicken Shop, Barcelos , Chicken Licken, Chicken Xpress, Galito’s, Hungry Lion, KFC, Mochachos, Nando’s, Popeyes, Zebro’s – Comparative Prices of Burger, Burger Meal, Wrap, Nuggets/Strips, Chicken Bites and Chicken Wings5.2.2 Fast Food Price Analysis: Recent Chicken Promotions5.3 South African Fast Food Price Analysis: Pizza5.3.1 Fast Food Price Analysis: Pizza: Andiccio24, Debonairs Pizza, Panarotti’s Pizza Pasta , Pizza Hut, Pizza Perfect, Roman’s Pizza – Comparing prices at M argherita, Regina , Hawaiian, Four Seasons, Chicken & Mushroom, Meat, Vegetarian & Specialty5.3.2 Fast Food Price Analysis: Recent Pizza Promotions5.4 South African Fast Food Price Analysis: Pies5.4.1 Fast Food Price Analysis: Pies: King Pie , Pie City – Chicken, Beef Price Comparison and kidney, sausage roll, spinach and feta, and Cornish5.5 South African Fast Food Price Analysis: Other5.5.1 Fast Food Price Analysis: Other: Anat, Chesanyama, Fishaways, Sausage Saloon, Fisken & Chip Co. – Comparative prices for different menu items 5.5.2 Fast food price analysis: Recent other promotions
For more information on this report, visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/oly2ze
South African fast food/QSR industry