QR Code Order and Pay Inventor, and Founder of QikServe, Dan Rodgers has been named as Digital Professional of the Year, in The Herald Digital Transformation Awards.
The awards recognise and reward extraordinary individuals who are setting trends, showing passion and creativity, and making a significant contribution to their sector.
Driven by a frustration with the lack of good customer service whilst on a trip to London with his family, Dan decided to develop a solution to help restaurants and eating establishments access the ability to deliver excellent customer service, and improve their own operating profits as a result.
He developed the idea of using a QR code in a restaurant setting, and went on to successfully register a patent in 2015.
Spending the next 11 years developing a visionary team, QikServe quickly became one of the fastest growing industry platforms across the globe.
During the pandemic, QikServe identified opportunities to add value to strategic client partners, by leading on a customer-first approach to QikServe’s software development.
Dan says: “I am delighted to accept this award on behalf of the whole team at QikServe. By simply following the principle of ‘doing the right thing for our customers’, we’ve developed some of the best partnerships, with long-lasting relationships that continue to grow.”
Last year, QikServe:
- enabled 23 million end user consumers to be served, contact-free
- processed almost half a billion dollars in sales for it’s customers
- has its software running in 30 countries worldwide, and integrates more than 90 different hospitality technologies
- continued its ongoing investment in building and acquiring technology which has placed it into an industry-leading position serving over 4,000 locations.
Providing industry leading software and increasingly becoming the go-to platform of choice for multi-site, enterprise customers, our aim is to quietly power ambitious businesses, all over the world.
Awarding judges included:
- Donald Martin, The Herald, Editor
- Michelle Brogan, Service Development Manager, Digital Health & Care Innovation Centre
- Alisdair Gunn, GCID Project Director, Glasgow City Innovation District
- Christina Hall, Client Director, Be-IT
- Melinda Matthews-Clarkson, Chief Executive Officer, CodeClan
- Toni Scullion, Founder, dressCode
Pictured in photo:
Pictured L-R: Christina Hall, Be-IT; Daniel Rodgers, QikServe; Lesley Corr, QikServe; Chris Bryce, QikServe; Kris Moore, QikServe; Catriona Shearer, Award Host.
For media enquiries or more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org / 01782 630777
Notes to editors:
- Software company, QikServe was founded in 2011 and is the enterprise platform for guest self-service in hospitality. Based in Edinburgh, UK and Atlanta, USA.
- QikServe drives digital transformation in hospitality. It achieves this through the brand’s unique flexibility, combined with cutting-edge software and the expertise of a team that has spent decades working in hospitality technology.
- Led by its President and Founder, Daniel Rodgers, QikServe’s broad customer portfolio includes restaurants, theatres, hotels, education and sports stadiums.
- Through the pandemic, QikServe’s flexible and future-proof approach allowed its partners to support customers and attract new business in the most challenging of times. Emerging from this period, operators relied on QikServe’s technology to instil customers with confidence, offering them safe, contactless experiences that forge greater loyalty and, vitally, boost revenue streams.
- Hospitality operators can provide powerful in-store and off-premises solutions, giving guests the convenience to order and pay for their food and drinks whenever and however they want, using any channel from kiosks and tablets to web and mobile apps.
- QikServe helps hospitality operators increase average order value, reduce waiting times and achieve operational efficiencies.
- QikServe is proud to be a customer-first company and offers turnkey support with dedicated customer success managers and its Knowledge Base.
Press release distributed by Pressat on behalf of QikServe, on Tuesday 30 August, 2022. For more information subscribe and follow https://pressat.co.uk/
See more food service industry news, reviews and products at FSX, the Food Service Exchange, the commercial food service industry’s go-to source for purchasing overstock, discontinued, and scratch-and-dent equipment and supplies, and you will be shocked at how good our prices are (an average discount of over 50% of today’s market price).
The FSX online marketplace provides restaurants, caterers, schools and other food service facilities with access to a wide assortment of products. The exchange allows for direct sales between pre-approved sellers and buyers, ensuring a seamless, reliable, and fast timely transaction process. Whether it is a model from a previous year or an item with a slight imperfection, buyers can purchase anything they need from our extensive pool of pre-selected, certified top equipment manufacturers and dealers. With Food Service Exchange, customers can expect premium equipment and supplies, amazing prices, timely shipping, and consistent satisfaction. Find out more information today about FSX Food Service Commercial Kitchen Equipment and Restaurant Supplies at 20 – 50% off market prices, with a minimum 90-day warranty. Plus, 5-star customer service reviews, unmatched 90-day warranty, and always free shipping!