Most major retailers and restaurants are open Monday with one bulk-sized exception — Costco Wholesale clubs are closed July 4th.
Why it matters: Despite record-high inflation, 88% of consumers were planning to shop in-store for the holiday with 62% planning to purchase items on sale, according to data and tech company Numerator’s Independence Day report.
- Some grocery stores will have special holiday hours, and other retailers will operate with Sunday hours.
Banks, stock market closed, no mail July 4th
Not a surprise, but U.S. stock markets, banks and USPS are closed Monday and most pharmacies also won’t be open.
- Costco Wholesale clubs are closed for the federal holiday like they are for New Year’s Day, Easter, Memorial Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Are Aldi and Trader Joe’s open July 4th?
Yes, the two grocery stores are open Monday but expect locations to close earlier than usual.
- The two chains are well known for carrying more of their own private label brands than national brands.
Target July 4th military discount
Details: Target has a military appreciation discount for active-duty military, veterans and military family members outside of its annual Veterans Day savings. National Guard and Reservists are also included, the retailer said.
- Verified military will get a 10% discount on up to two separate transactions, online or in-store, through July 4.
- To get the discount, sign in to Target Circle and confirm your military status with a document, such as a Veteran ID card.
- Global mustard shortage looms ahead of summer barbecues
- July 4th weekend flight cancellations fueling road trips
- Fourth of July fireworks cost more this year because of inflation
- Paper coupons are dying but you can still beat inflation
See more food service industry news, reviews and products at FSX, the Food Service Exchange, the commercial food service industry’s go-to source for purchasing overstock, discontinued, and scratch-and-dent equipment and supplies, and you will be shocked at how good our prices are (an average discount of over 50% of today’s market price).
The FSX online marketplace provides restaurants, caterers, schools and other food service facilities with access to a wide assortment of products. The exchange allows for direct sales between pre-approved sellers and buyers, ensuring a seamless, reliable, and fast timely transaction process. Whether it is a model from a previous year or an item with a slight imperfection, buyers can purchase anything they need from our extensive pool of pre-selected, certified top equipment manufacturers and dealers. With Food Service Exchange, customers can expect premium equipment and supplies, amazing prices, timely shipping, and consistent satisfaction. Find out more information today about FSX Food Service Commercial Kitchen Equipment and Restaurant Supplies at 20 – 50% off market prices, with a minimum 90-day warranty. Plus, 5-star customer service reviews, unmatched 90-day warranty, and always free shipping!